Here on the Chicks Climbing Gossip Report you can catch up on all of the great gossip (articles, videos, and other assorted cool stuff) we talked about over the past week at Chicks Climbing! Today we are drawing the winners in our Chicks Ambassador Poster Plaster! So please make sure to check back tomorrow when we announce lucky three Ambassadors that will be taking home an Osprey Hornet 24 daypack, a pair of Julbo Guide Glasses, and a Princeton Tec Fuel headlamp!
Also, another quick reminder that our special buddy deal savings of $100 is available for our Devil’s Lake clinic through TODAY ONLY! (May 31st). If you miss today’s cutoff for the $100 savings, we will still give you $50 off through the end of June if you sign up with a buddy. Check out the full details here.
Last week we posted our second guest blog from Lauren, the Climbing Chef who went “healthy” on a recent climbing trip to Yosemite. See how the dietary changes affected her climbing here!
All of the other articles we linked to this past week through either the Chicks Climbing Twitter account, or on the Chicks Climbing Facebook fan page (and some on both!). We provide this wrap-up because we come across a TON of great resources each week, but understand that not everyone is online all the time, or even on both (or either) of these social media platforms. So you can check here each and every week for the latest and greatest in Chicks Climbing resources here on the blog.
However, we know WE may have also missed some cool stuff this week, so if there is something of interest we missed that you came across this week please, let us know so we can share with everyone else!
– Ines Papert put a lot of work into redpointing Super Cirill, a multi-pitch 8a/8a+ trad line in Switzerland: http://ht.ly/52GWd
– Nina Caprez has also been busy the last few weeks – check out the “dream lines” she’s been climbing! http://ht.ly/52H9K
– Here’s an interesting new climbing site – ClimbingTechniques.org – that has a goal of aggregating beta on climbing technique, gear: http://ht.ly/51WeO
– It’s been really fun to “watch” Elizabeth’s (@eliz_rocks) evolution as a climber online. Her latest accomplishment came from Yosemite: http://ht.ly/51LAz
– Climber and Prana ambassador Heather Robinson on the power of rest and relaxation: http://ht.ly/53zLa
– A really cool behind the scenes look at route setting: Aesthetics in Routesetting: a Design Primer http://ow.ly/52YU7
– A video sure to make your palms sweat as the Smiley’s do the Tyrolean Traverse off of Lost Arrow Spire in Yosemite: http://bit.ly/k4Nu9X
– A good reminder to always double check your climbing partners: “Don’t be a headline”: http://is.gd/DAT39X
– Have you ever considered free soloing? Steph Davis (@highsteph) talks about her progression into doing so: http://ht.ly/56FQT
– Interesting question for those with summit dreams: Would you sacrifice a digit for a summit? http://hoz.me.uk/k85MqA
– Spring update from the Ouray Ice Park (@OurayIcePark) http://ht.ly/510aZ which also just announced Ice Fest dates for 2012 will be Jan. 5-8!
– Access to Roadside at RRG closed until further notice: http://ht.ly/51VPy
– More sobering news from Alaska – Alpine Ascents guide and client die on Denali. http://t.co/Q2ERoEm
– Alex Puccio makes the finals: 2011 Bouldering World Cup Canmore Results http://bit.ly/miw4wH
– Ladies in the Northeast check it out! “Chicks Rock! Coming to Keene Valley Aug. 19-21” – http://bit.ly/jxzp9Z
Training & Nutrition
– A refreshing perspective on motivation & injury from Vertical Girl (@verticalgirl) climber Mercedes K Pollmeier: http://ht.ly/562kO
– Some badass & strong climber chicks give an introduction to Campus Board on Vertical Girl’s “Girl Beta” site: http://ht.ly/562xb
– Now THIS is how you review a climbing shoe! Whitney (@whitneyio) recruited 5 other ladies to discuss their thoughts on the La Sportiva Miura: http://ht.ly/51e1O
– Have you recently retired a rope? One way to re-use it is to make a rope rug! http://ht.ly/50VMO Or perhaps something else? Even more resourceful ways to reuse a retired climbing rope: http://ht.ly/52GtK
– Another fun read from Jenn Fields (@jennfields): 4 signs you’re ‘that person’ in everyone’s favorite 10K: http://ht.ly/51Mm2
– Hilarious review from Brendan (@semi_rad) on Levi’s Climbing Jeans for Men: http://ow.ly/53DEF
– Cute video of a baby doing some free-solo rock climbing: http://bit.ly/igk42Y
– The New River Rendezvous gave Erica (@Cragmama) a chance to check off Goal No. 3 on her 2011 hit list! http://ht.ly/54CoZ
– Another trip report from the New River Rendezvous – this one from Krysia (@ventrsomekrysia) who won a Mom of the Year award thanks to a Chris Sharma signature! http://ht.ly/54Cyt
– Great Hueco Tanks trip report from Josh (@jrmontag) who made his first trip there in March: http://is.gd/wLHsI9
If you have a blog entry that you think would be of interest to the women of Chicks Climbing please let us know! We love getting contributed content from other women – anything from trip reports, nutrition and training tips, to videos. We want to share your resources with the community – much like we do with the Gossip Report and are more than happy to re-publish and share links on behalf of the women’s climbing community!