If you have the following questions regarding our ice climbing clinics, you are not alone.
- What if I don’t have any gear, or experience in ice climbing?
- How am I going to stay out all day and not get cold?
- What if I am not fit enough?
- What if I haven’t climbed in a while and can’t climb as well as I used to?
- What if I am afraid of heights?
- What if I am placed in a group of women that climb better than me?
- What if I want to learn to lead?
All of our Ouray-based Ice Climbing Clinics are for all levels, you will be placed in groups of women with similar experience, the guide-to-guest ratio is 4:1 so the instruction is tailored to you, and we have demo gear and clothing. Which course you choose is more a matter of time and expense. Obviously, the longer the course, the more you will learn, but our four day Complete is just as suitable for a beginner as it is for an advanced climber and vice-versa.
If you are interested in an adventure and learning more about multi-pitch climbing in the backcountry, then Cody or Iceland are just for you. These clinics are for those who know the basics and are ready to learn to be more efficient as a follower on a multi-pitch climb. These clinics are also for those who already lead and want to observe a guide’s decision process regarding choosing the objective, gear selection, route finding, weather and snow analysis, and efficient climbing and descent strategies.
As your goals change, we are here to help you reach the next level and our courses are designed to optimize that experience. Join us!