Osprey Packs has been a long-time supporter of Chicks and if you’ve ever attended one of our programs, you’ve no doubt had the opportunity to use one of their packs for a day out on the rock, ice or snow.
Not only do they make great day packs, crag packs, travel luggage and hydration packs to fuel your adventures, they are also a company you can feel great about supporting.
Osprey is based in Cortez, CO in the four corners area of Colorado.
Up until 2000, a team of women sewers from the Navajo Nation did all of the production. Today that team is the workforce behind Osprey’s “All Mighty Guarantee”, a lifetime warranty on all of their packs. Osprey is committed to repairing any damage to their packs free of charge, no matter the age of the pack.
At the onset of the covid pandemic, Osprey was one of the first outdoor brands to shift their in-house production to making face coverings. It’s this dedication to community and health that makes us love Osprey all the more.
Osprey partners with many non-profit organizations who are aligned with their five core values:
- Environmental Stewardship. Our planet is important to protect.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Everyone has a right to enjoy the outdoors without fear.
- Health and Recreation. Increasing opportunities for folks to lead healthier lifestyles.
- Building Communities. Engaging the communities they work and play in.
- Outdoor Education. Teaching our future generations the importance of stewardship.
They support organizations like Chicks because we also stand by behind these values and we stand up for companies like Osprey who are doing their part to make the world a better place, one pack at a time.
If you’re in the market for a new pack, you should consider an Osprey, and feel good about knowing you’re also helping them give back in so many ways.