Here on the Chicks Climbing Gossip Report you can catch up on all of the great gossip (articles, videos, and other assorted cool stuff) we talked about over the past week at Chicks Climbing. As we approach the crushing madness that is the holiday season, remember that the gift of a Chicks clinic is definitely one that will continue to give for years to come! So think about signing up your sister, mom, aunt, cousin, girlfriend – whoever it is that’s special to you – for a life-changing experience at Chicks with Picks!
We also had a wonderful new post from Nicky Messner who talked about the impetus that brought her to change her life and get hooked on climbing. Check it out and learn about her upcoming Kilimanjaro women’s expedition in June here.
All of the other articles we linked to this past week through either the Chicks Climbing Twitter account, or on the Chicks Climbing Facebook fan page (and some on both!). We provide this wrap-up because we come across a TON of great resources each week, but understand that not everyone is online all the time, or even on both (or either) of these social media platforms. So you can check here each and every week for the latest and greatest in Chicks Climbing resources.
However, we know WE may have also missed some cool stuff this week, so if there is something of interest we missed that you came across this week please, let us know so we can share with everyone else!
– “Success because we failed” – quote from a GREAT blog by Janet Bergman on summer expedition to India: http://bit.ly/sWWnCZ
– Some good tips from Vertical Girl’s Girl Beta on moving your bouldering outdoors: http://bit.ly/v5jv7f
– The New Ouray Ice Park Winter Guide is up! http://bit.ly/ucct1z
– Insane friction climbing – check out Beth Rodden on the Kauk Slab: http://bit.ly/sy9RUd
– Holy BADASS! Check out this video of Thomasina Pidgeon sending Chbalanke and Dark Age in Hueco (V12 & V11): http://bit.ly/u52LZ2
– Awesome video of Jenn Fleming doing the FFA of “Fraid Line” a 5.13R: http://bit.ly/ugL48m
– Possible FA. Still waiting on confirmation, but here it is! http://youtu.be/xfVxoR0w3T4
– SWEET video of Emily Harrington (@emilyaharringto) sending Waka Flocka 5.14b in Rifle last month! http://bit.ly/uOndhy
– Carabeiner clipping tip for sport climbers from AAI (@AlpineInstitute): http://bit.ly/tzrhqI
– Some tips on practicing a fall from Climbing Magazine (@ClimbingMag): http://bit.ly/rQ0qxk
– Erica gives a great play-by-play of “Dave the Dude” 5.11d at the Red: http://bit.ly/uFqan5
– Fun interview with Adam Market on Climb Find (@ClimbFind): http://bit.ly/vBWMIc
– Best 5 Places to Go Ice Climbing and Winter Hiking in New Jersey – http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news?slug=ycn-10399809
– Anyone else excited to see what Sarah Garlick & Majka Burhardt get up to here?: http://bit.ly/u7CVRG
– This week’s climbing, skiing & outdoor news from AAI (@alpineinstitute): http://bit.ly/tWJGSa
– A really cool opportunity for teachers to take seminars & training sessions in Denali: http://bit.ly/svU1dx
– The Merrell Wilderness Remix boots gets a thumb’s up from Jill (@geargals): http://bit.ly/v5zU3F
– Chicks gear tester Sara said of Columbia Sportswear’s (@Columbia1938) Windefend™ Half Zip biking on Gooseberry Mesa “it breathed well & cut wind!” http://bit.ly/vrCkKP
– The baselayer midweight stripe tight from sponsors Columbia Sportswear (@Columbia1938) kept tester Sara nice & warm while skiing Red Mtn. Pass http://bit.ly/uGhEhd
– MUST READ: An honest post from Sarah Hueniken on trusting yourself and learning from ‘failure’: http://bit.ly/vMYoC0
– Emilie Drinkwater wraps up the Karakoram Expedition trip report http://bit.ly/vYxv8z
– Nina Caprez on the Petzl RocTrip to China: http://bit.ly/tappML
– Nice TR from Erica (@Cragmama) on a recent weekend at the FANTASTIC Red: http://bit.ly/tjkou2
– Great report of the Chouinard-Herbert route on Dreaming in Vertical (@Dreaminvertical) http://bit.ly/vCzESU
– A classic from the Alipinist (@AlpinistMag) archives in honor of indoor (gym) rock climbing season kicking off: http://bit.ly/eHw453
– Great new post from Jenn Fields (@JennFields) on learning a sport from your significant other: http://bit.ly/sRNuux
– How to prep for Thanksgiving gluttony: (Bad) tips for exercising into calorie debt, steely abs: http://bit.ly/vG66Yx
– More fun from Brendan (@Semi_Rad) on how to add some flair (pizzazz or jack-assery) to your outdoor photos: http://bit.ly/uyjAth
If you have a blog entry that you think would be of interest to the women of Chicks Climbing please let us know! We love getting contributed content from other women – anything from trip reports, nutrition and training tips, to videos. We want to share your resources with the community – much like we do with the Gossip Report and are more than happy to re-publish and share links on behalf of the women’s climbing community!
This week’s Gossip Report is brought to you by our sponsors at Columbia Sportswear!