THROUGH MOUNTAIN SPORTS
Copyright Michael Clark Photography
CHICKS WITH PICKS
WOMEN'S ICE CLIMBING
Photo: Stephen Martin
WOMEN'S ROCK CLIMBING
Photo: Chris Noble
Women’s Climbing Trips & Programs
Rock, Ice, Alpine and Ski Trips for Women
Since 1999, Chicks Climbing & Skiing has been WELCOMING AND EMPOWERING WOMEN through life-changing experiences in the outdoors: rock climbing, ice climbing, and backcountry skiing.
Our women-specific, women-only instruction is designed to help women become CONFIDENT, SELF-SUFFICIENT CLIMBERS AND SKIERS and connect with one another to strengthen our outdoor women’s community. We proudly stand out from other guide services and women’s outdoor groups in that we have the COUNTRY’S MOST HIGHLY TRAINED AND EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS, many of them influential luminaries in the world of climbing and skiing.
Our programs cover the basics but also go much deeper. We have witnessed the power of a lifelong- learning approach to adventure. As such, we mentor women to progress in their ability to become EMERGING LEADERS IN THEIR SPORTS AND COMMUNITIES.
- I am in awe of your technical expertise and knowledge and your ability to impart those skills during your clinics. I have continually been challenged by each and every one of you and have pushed myself to limits I never knew I was capable of. I have learned so much from you guys, not just about climbing, but about myself, and all the while having fun doing it.”
- I greatly respect and admire what you do. I consider it a privilege to know you and have the opportunity to climb with you and I know I am a better person because of it. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Be safe and I’ll see you when I see you.”
- “What I enjoyed most about the clinic was learning technical skills and climbing with guides that were very supportive and had a great attitude. Also, the entire group was very welcoming.”
- “The course was fabulous of course! The camaraderie and confidence I gain with every Chicks program has really pushed my climbing to new levels.”
- “My highpoint was my attempt at leading a 5.10 at the end. It was a pretty big leap in my leading abilities, a proud moment for me to just get up and try!”
- “What I enjoyed the most about the clinic was the guides – their kindness, expertise, patience, inspiration, and guidance can not be equaled.”